Reference : https://magento.com/blog/small-business/4-ways-small-businesses-can-optimize-their-magento-2-store-after-launch
Launching a new eCommerce platform and refreshed website are simply not enough to drive sales and increase sales for most Small Businesses. This is where the true power of Magento Commerce comes to the forefront. For an affordable price, you can uniquely position your webstore above the competition. Here are the four ways you can optimize your store for maximum results:
1) DRIVE TRAFFIC WITH CONTENT
Regularly adding unique content is a very effective way to drive traffic to your site and it’s something you can do yourself. It will help you rank better organically in search results and also leads to a much higher ROI.
If you already have content, you can also go back and optimize your old content. Here are a few tips:
- Delete Irrelevant Content – Pinpoint old content items like blogs that aren’t relevant to your website. Then, delete them, or move them to a different website where they won’t hurt your search rankings. With the Google Panda ranking update, sites are penalized in their SEO ranking for poor-quality content.
- Update Relevant Content – If the content features topics that are still important to your business, you can simply update it so search engines don’t regard it as old and less relevant. If you have several short postings, you should consider consolidating them into multiple long-form pieces. Google loves long-form content and you will enjoy higher rankings on search engine ranking pages (SERPs).
- Check Your Links – Did you know that if you change the name of your services page or portfolio page, that every link you had tied to them will need to be updated? If you don’t update them, visitors are going to be redirected to a 404 error page. More importantly, Google doesn’t look favorably on broken links. As you’re checking each link, make sure any external ones are going to authoritative sites. You want to make sure you are redirecting visitors to websites that provide value and not fluff.
- Include Share Buttons – Give readers the option to share the content with social share buttons, and optimize the suggested share content to include all relevant hashtags and handles to help boost your social visibility.
2) MERCHANDISE TO BOOST AVERAGE ORDER VALUE
Magento Commerce provides a simple-to-use rule-based product relations feature that enables you to cross-sell and upsell to maximize order size. Cross-selling is especially important when products must be used with specific related items and these relationships should be clearly communicated.
The visual merchandising tools allow you to easily sort categories, which makes it possible to display your best products at the top of your web pages. And if you want to reorder them, you have the ability to do so manually. You can even use visual merchandising tools to create categories based on Automated Rules that are developed using product attributes; this saves you time and enables you to create a catalog that is truly refined according to your specific preferences and needs.
To further increase average order value, you will want to take advantage of Magento’s Elasticsearch feature; however, you need a plan to get the most from it. We recommend using an intelligent search platform like Klevu or SLI Systems, both of which have a heavy focus on search, merchandising, navigation, recommendations, and SEO applications.
3) CAPITALIZE ON CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Customer reviews are great because they’re user-generated and require very little work on your part. All you have to do is ask customers for product and merchant reviews, or allow them to comment on Q&A pages. Magento Commerce has product reviews built in, but Yotpo offers a few more tools for getting all that you can out of user-generated content. You’ll also want to take advantage of merchant reviews. To do this, we also recommend using services like Shopper Approved.
4) GROW CUSTOMER LIFETIME VALUE WITH LOYALTY FEATURES
To grow customer lifetime value, you will need to build on your already-established brand loyalty. There are several ways you can go about doing this. For starters, you can offer existing customers a certain amount of store credit with each purchase they make. You can also develop a reward point system, such as $10 coupon for every $150 a customer spends. Another excellent way to grow customer lifetime value is to implement a referral code system; this also helps expand your company’s brand awareness. The key here is to offer rewards that keep your customers coming back again and again. Magento 2 offers a reward system out of the box for you to leverage. If you’re looking for an even higher level of reward functionality on your Magento site, check out these rewards and loyalty extensions in the Marketplace.